Something to Blog About.....

Over the hill, on the downhill side, Gaining speed and enjoying the ride!

12/04/2006

"It was a DARK and STORMY NIGHT!







Last Wednesday night Phil and I had a free night from teaching DWI school so we decided to venture out into a blizzard (19 degrees and a 35 MPH north wind = windchill: zero) to "love on" the youth at our Wednesday night youth activity, Elevate (see previous entry for more info) but wondering if any would show up! But how does a "fifty- something" couple connect across age and cultural barriers and be able to begin showing these kids we care? This was the question I asked myself when I came into the room and saw the large crowd that had ventured out into the weather tossing around a football, jamming to music or standing around talking. Miraculously, my camera helped bridge the barrier! As in my previous visit, I had found the kids extremely approachable when I would take their picture or ask them to pose. They loved it!! Most in the group in the first photo shown below are new to Elevate. They came up to me and asked if they could see the large group photo I took to see if they could find themselves in it. I told them to get together and pose for me. Well, it ended up in a photo shoot of the six amigos! They asked if they could have copies. Oh, course I will oblige.

Usually, the last Wednesday night of the month is Andrew night. Hot dogs, et al are served on the patio and games are played. Naturally, this was not possible so all the fun came inside. After an AWESOME time of Praise, Worship and Prayer, there were games and activities on each of the three floors. The sanctuary became a "bouncing basketball court!" The kids had a great time!

Did you notice in the second photo, a kid has an "angelic aura?"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home