Something to Blog About.....

Over the hill, on the downhill side, Gaining speed and enjoying the ride!

12/27/2006

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer!


I spent most of my Christmas holiday in Wichita with my family. I had the worst sinus infection I've ever had and went to Urgent Care on Christmas Eve while the rest of the family went to church! I went "a la natural" and Rusty went around singing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" because that's just what I looked like!

This year all adult members of the family drew names and made gifts. Pat and Melissa get the prize for the most creative! Melissa made Josh a Daddy's Tool belt" in anticipation of the arrival of their first child. Jana laughted so hard she said she nearly went into labor! Pat went into the Alaskan woods and collected birch bark to make a basket for Jana. In the basket was some candy "cara poo" among other funnies. The snowman he sent her "didn't make it."

Phil is reading the poem which Rusty wrote to go with his gift to his father-in-law.


Lesli made me a clock with photos of their family on it. I shall put it on the wall over my desk! I love it! Among the gifts were some great poems! I love this idea!


My sister, Connie delighted me by sending me a wedding photo of my parents she found and had enlarged from a 2"x2" and framed it with a copy of their announcement. I wanted to cry but considering how my head already felt, I turned off the tears! Thanks, Connie! That was a great gift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home