Something to Blog About.....

Over the hill, on the downhill side, Gaining speed and enjoying the ride!

3/20/2008

March Madness for sure!




I left OKC at 4:00 a.m. and in time to get home and help host a wedding shower for my friend, Patricia's daughter. Then, with a turn-around time of a 24 hours, we loaded the fifth wheel and headed for Albuquerque where we attended a Traffic Safety Summit AND the state basketball tournament. We were in Albuq for six days. On the sixth day we drove to Villanueva State Park and had a couple days of R&R before returning home. We met up with some new friends and had a great time together. There was a neat one-mile hike up to to a cliff which looked out over the Pecos River where we were camped. I put these lovely photos in for Pat to look out and pine away for the beauty of New Mexico! This was our first outing since we brought our latest "fancy camper" home. I absolutely LOVE all the windows and especially the dining area!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Meli n Pat said…

    Mom, you're right! I absolutely love the pictures of NM. The bad part is, it makes it so hard to go on living here in The Great Land. Oh how I miss the flat horizon sunsets. The ugly, snow-covered volcanoes obscure the view & that annoying glare of the sun on the ocean just make it unbearable. I also miss being able to wade through knee-deep streams without 10lb. salmon slamming into my legs. I can't wait to hunt for rabbits again! For now, I'll have to be satisfied with moose, caribou, black bears, etc. In this lush spruce forest, I long for the nice dry dust of NM. But someday I may return & be "home" again, if only for a little while.
    Your homesick son,
    Pat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home