Something to Blog About.....

Over the hill, on the downhill side, Gaining speed and enjoying the ride!

4/21/2007

A Week in the Life - In case anyone is interested!


Monday: Gruen vonBehrens to Grady by 8:15 and then all over town, ending in dinner at Red Lobster - for no teeth the Man CAN eat! - and FCA in the Evening. He's a great guy! All he can talk about is Sarah, his Sweetheart, and their new baby girl, Kaitlyn! He is collaborating with me on some posters, thus the picture. I told him NOT to smile but I guess it's impossible. His face is in a permanent smile! I'm not sure if it is because surgery has made it that way or because of the wonderful blessings God has given him in Sarah and Kaitlyn, life and a new life in Christ he also loves to talk about! In any case, wouldn't it be convenient for some of us to have "permanent smiles"? If I read the Word correctly, we should! Gruen, I hope you read this blog entry and know we truly enjoyed your visit!

Tuesday: Prayer at noon at church, lunch at Mom's, Tobacco presentation at Drug court by Phil

Wednesday: Give luncheon (6 pizzas, devoured) at CHS to 12 "creme' de la creme'" FCA guys and a spit tobacco training. They great kids are going to be peer educators at a junior high boys' summit we are helping sponsor on Monday.

Thursday: Home by 11:00 p.m. Had coffee with Patricia at Java Loft at 8:30 am before getting a pedicure and working out! (Hey, got to take care of me!) Took Gruen back to Lubbock, dinner at Olive Garden including dessert (this job does have its perks!) Phil gave a presentation at his 6:45 a.m. Kiwanis Club and met with his Emmaus homeboys before leaving on a bus load of men to the Men's Advance at Glorietta and will be back Sat afternoon. I pray it's a great time. He called to say there were 1300 men there.

Friday: Stay home and clean! Fixed mom lunch. We had a salad I picked out of the garden from an assortment of lettuce, ridicio, and other mysterious greens,(mom was suspecious and not very adventurous) topped with pine nuts and served with a "Huckleberry Vinigrette" brought from Montana! Then I picked an awesome handful of herbs out of Phil's garden which I used to season the white sauce for the angel hair pasta. Among the conglomeration was rosemary, hot oregeno, parsley, garlic greens. The salmon I broiled was topped with fresh dill! We had peas and Texas garlic toast, too!

I am pleased that I still made time to swim twice at the college, lift weights once there and work out on my treadmill and weights at home once! I am going to lift again today. I missed my workout on Tuesday but, ahem, that was Phil's fault! I will lift again today when I go to town to shop.

Tomorrow we will be entertaining five students from ENMU who will be going as a FOCUS team this summer to one of the cities Phil visited. He will be sharing his insights with them as well has his pictures. I will also pick up 160 t-shirts I helped design and will distribute on Monday....

Next week isn't any less diverse. Things will be WILD until at least the middle of June. We will be going to Albuquerque three out of the next four weeks.

By the way, we had 280 in our church service on Easter Sunday! And last week was just awesome. The sermon was about the metaphorical language of God. Fastinating! It opens up a whole new dimension in understanding scripture. Why was I never taught this stuff? I have finished the book on hospitality written by the monk and am well into my second one as well as read 1-1/2 other books on relationships this past week and a half! I am thankful for these resources and the tremendous insights I am receiving!

Tooodle Ooo!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jana said…

    Mom, I just want you to know how much I admire how "busy" you are! I think it's great that you hardly know if you're coming or going! That is so much better than being sedentary (sp?) and just sitting around the house "getting old!" I hope that I can be as involved as you are and have such a zest for life, people and God when I am your age! Thanks for the great example you are setting! But, do slow down to smell the roses every now and then! Love ya!
    Jana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home