Something to Blog About.....

Over the hill, on the downhill side, Gaining speed and enjoying the ride!

9/15/2009

Biggest Loser


Tonight a new season of Biggest Loser is starting. DH cannot understand why in the world I would want to watch people lose weight but I love this show! It's because I can relate to so many emotions these people express and how hard it is to fight, control and conquor weight issues living in the food obsessed society. It is so motivating in so many ways. And it's real life.


So in honor of the season premier, here is a diet to get started with. It's the Stress Diet and I "borrowed it" from another great blog!



Breakfast
1 grapefruit
1 slice of whole wheat toast
1 cup of skim milk
Lunch
1 small portion of lean, steamed chicken
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of herbal tea
1 Hershey's Kiss
Afternoon Tea
The rest of the Hershey's Kisses in the bag
1 tub of Haggen-Daaz ice cream topped with chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles
Dinner
4 glasses of wine (red or white)
2 loaves of garlic bread
1 family size supreme pizza
3 Snickers Bars
Late Night Snack
1 whole Sara Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)
REMEMBER: Stressed spelled backwards is desserts


My own weight managment tips are:


Don't wear loose and forgiving clothes such as elastic waistbands.

Avoid white bread. A good snack is whole wheat bread dipped in olive oil

Drink milk (I don't do enough of that)

Don't keep junk food available I can't eat what is not there

Pay attention and be aware of what I eat and how many outragous calories are in stuff

If I must eat some ice cream (which I don't keep around much) , eat it our of a very small bowl or 1/2 c. measuring cup and baby soon.
Things I need to eat less of: margarine, caffine (Yes, Josh!), chips and fried foods


Oh, and I'm also great at binging and just losing it, yo yo, yo yo, but I never give up! I'D LOVE TO SHARE ANYONE ELSE'S IDEAS ON THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home